Welcome to the Child Abuse Mandated Reporter Training - California. The general training module is all inclusive, non-profession specific, and should be taken by every Mandated Reporter. This program will provide an overview of the significant definitions, requirements and protections of the California Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting Act.
The general training module is a four hour training that includes four sections. Each section will include practice test questions or vignettes.
At the conclusion of the training you will take a final exam which will test the information that you have learned during the training. Upon scoring an 80% or higher you will be able to fill out and print your Certificate of Completion.
You will Learn
- How the law defines child abuse and neglect
- What the law requires of you as a mandated reporter
- What protections the law provides for a mandated reporter
- How to spot evidence of child abuse
- How to report child abuse
- What happens after a report is filed
- Definitions of some of the terms used in this program
The General Training course may take you up to 5 hours to complete. You will receive a certificate for your records upon completion of the training.