This Mandated Reporter Training general training module is all inclusive, non-profession specific, and should be taken by every Mandated Reporter. General Training provides an overview of the definitions, requirements and protections of the California Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting Act. It satisfies the training requirement set forth under California Assembly Bill 506.
At the conclusion of the training you will take a final exam which will test the information that you have learned during the training. It consists of 10 questions and requires an 80% or higher to be completed. You may take this exam as many times as needed.
You will Learn
- How the law defines child abuse and neglect
- What the law requires of you as a mandated reporter
- What protections the law provides for a mandated reporter
- How to spot evidence of child abuse
- How to report child abuse
- What happens after a report is filed
- Definitions of some of the terms used in this program
The General Training course may take you up to 2 hours to complete.
Now available in Spanish!
On Add Training, select Spanish in the dropdown for language. You can also Change Language from your training page, if you've previously trained in English.